Tuesday, October 16, 2007

It Is About (Political) Economy, Dear !

I forgot to mention this article by Swaminathan Aiyar, which deals with retreat of Reliance Fresh from UP.

By the way, my smugness in earlier post was premature. Sorry TamizhNadu, we* still suck.

* By we, I mean UP, unfortunately there can be no name for people of UP, a condition which is not even found in Bihar.

3 comments:

In The Shadows said...

By we, I mean UP, unfortunately there can be no name for people of UP, a condition which is not even found in Bihar.

================

Gaurav,
There is. In Mumbai, people from UP are called Bhaiyyas

doubtinggaurav said...

Shadows,

1. "Bhayya" is used for both UP and Bihar

2. It is derogatory (or to be precise used in a derogatory sense)

In The Shadows said...

Gaurav,

I heard the term being used in both derogatory and non-derogatory sense.

What about Awadhi ?? That would be region specific , but still, now that Garhwal is in Uttaranchal.