Tuesday, October 16, 2007

The Moderate Islam

In your moderate Islamic state.

A Malaysian Islamic court has extended the detention of a Muslim-born woman living as a Hindu in defiance of the law after she refused to be rehabilitated, an opposition leader said Wednesday.
Revathi Masoosai, an ethnic Indian, was detained by the Islamic Religious Department in southern Malacca state in January and sent for religious counseling in a rehabilitation center after they discovered she had been born to a Muslim family.


Which goes on to show, that in an Islamic society Hindus can never expect to be more than dhimmis. Also it is not that there is anything particular insightful about this. History is testimony to the fact how expansion of Islam destroyed the civilizations from Byzantine to Persian, and condemned the people inhabiting lands to eternity of darkness and superstition. Or what happened to Hindus in Pakistan, or what is happening to them in Bangladesh, both Islamic nations with same cultural DNA as that of Muslims in India.

However why let facts come in way of ideological delusions. After all, the appearances of secular must be maintained no matter what the cost. Well, I for one refuse to be part of such charade.
I realize, it is not fashionable for a Hindu to speak about Hindus, but frankly dear, I don't give a damn.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

> I realize, it is not fashionable for a Hindu to speak about Hindus, but frankly dear, I don't give a damn.

That's what we like about you.

doubtinggaurav said...

Sharanji

Dhanyawaad