Quickie Quickie Quickie
Three Amendments
1. Ditto
2. Ditto
3. Legalize dueling.
Dear Ritwik
Dear Ritwik,
1. Read. Weep. Reconsider (your career choice). Nahiiiiiiiiiiiii
2. If you have time can you disabuse his eminence of his delusion. Of course I am assuming that you do consider (over) population to be problem. Not to get Malthusian or such.
3. I think there is some theory (can't find the ref. right now) which asserts (I am paraphrasing) that natural resources are unlimited and there is no need to worry. I think that this is at best a conjecture, not a scientific theory. I also happen to think that the theory is bit stupid. Am I being stupid? ( Added: The theory is I believe Cornucopian. Just to clarify, even I share the optimism of Julian Simon about long term future of mankind. I have two specific grudges, this is an outlook, not a scientific theory, and as such a bad form to tout it like that. While I do believe in long term we will all be happy*, it doesn't absolve us from our responsibility to see that our path to that future is optimized)
Both 2 & 3 remind of this.
For 2 here is a post by Mr. Dey. I believe "sucker punch" is the term.
* Something to put in perspective when you recite Sarve Bhavantu Sukinah....

0 comments:
Post a Comment