Friday, November 02, 2007

Break

This is to inform that I am taking vacation for next two weeks. Blogging may be difficult, considering we don't have any internets in Lucknow. However I can type a post on typewriter, and send it to reader's addresses, if such need arises. I know it would be difficult to survive without my profound wisdom, consumption of archives is recommended.

Oh and I wanted to ask this. Why is that people don't comment here, or even blog roll this blog. Is it because I am different. I feel so discriminated.

By the way this is not bleg, though I would like it, no one is obliged to comment here or even put this blog on blog roll. Please remember there is no compulsion in my benevolent dictatorship.
Only waterboarding, clean fun.


Added: One of the easiest way to generate pseudo-comments is to talk about arranged marriages.


Argh ! Why can't I get a break: Apropos this , it is historical revisionism to suggest that demand for Pakistan was reaction against Hindu Mahasabha. Truth is Hindu Mahasabha never amounted to much, being more or less a rag tag coalition of disgruntled from Congress and having right leanings. This included rajah, landlords, middle class professionals and few intellectuals. Main enemy of Muslim League was always "Hindu" Congress. The reality is diametrically opposite to what is peddled, certain intellectuals like Veer Savarkar were pushed to Hindu Mahasabha intransigence (My bad !) after being repulsed with rising Islamic fundamentalism as in Moplah Rebellion and failure of Congress to address it. Truth is the demand for Pakistan started as a reaction to decline in Muslim influence under British rule which caused shift in power structure, earlier in favour of Muslim, and inability to compete with intellectual growth of Hindus.
This is best exemplified in this speech that Sir Syed Ahmed Khan gave to Muslim intellectuals


"At this time our nation is in a bad state in regards education and wealth, but God has given us the light of religion and the Koran is present for our guidance, which has ordained them and us to be friends. Now God has made them rulers over us. Therefore we should cultivate friendship with them, and should adopt that method by which their rule may remain permanent and firm in India, and may not pass into the hands of the Bengalis… If we join the political movement of the Bengalis our nation will reap a loss, for we do not want to become subjects of the Hindus instead of the subjects of the "people of the Book…"


PS: Wanted to comment on this, some other day.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a good break!

Prasanna said...

Hi Gaurav

Wishing you a great vacation

Sakshi said...

Sigh. Making sensible statements to your profound thoughts is beyond our collective intellects. So we think it would be easier to blog roll you :)
Ps- We subscribe. Shouldn't that count?

Anonymous said...

Dude,

I wasn't arguing that Mahasabha caused partition. I was merely calling for an unbiased examination. That's all. Is that permitted in your benign dictatorship, you moron!

(have a good break.)

doubtinggaurav said...

Sharanji, Dhanyawaad

Prasannaji, Dhanyawaad avam hardik badhai.

Sakshiji, It is not nice to pull legs of unsuspecting people :-)

Rohit, Oh, I phrased it clumsily, I didn't mean you personally, only that Mahasabha angle is lots of manure.
Anyway you will be killed for calling me moron.