Monday, December 31, 2007

Moment of creativity

I was sore for a long time after the bastards stole my brilliant idea. However being generous type, I have two more ideas for bollywood

First is prequel to Sholay, where Gabbar Singh is a good guy from Army, who is sucked into a violent family feud involving property and honour, ending with his going over to the dark side. The opening sequence will be of a train robbery which is foiled by Gabbar Singh, sort of ironic counterpoint of the things to come. Oh, and Hrithik Roshan will play Gabbar Singh.The movie is tentatively titled as Angarey.

Second is using Ramayana. Now the problem is Ramayana is an epic and therefore not the best material for three hour movie format, unless one can tolerate Troy. However it is still possible to create a decent film by developing one of the several stories which are part of the highly complex and interwoven narrative. Perhaps they can start with Sangram between Devas and Asuras in which Dasaratha and Kaikeyi took part.
Of course the story will need to be polished with Kaikeyi as a warrior who defends an injured Dasaratha. The movie will begin with marriage of Kaikeyi and Dasaratha more to do with political alliance between two powerful kingdoms but as the movie proceeds they find love and affection on more personal terms. For layer of historicity the backdrop will be emergence of Kingdoms of plains as balancing power in conflict between Devas and Asuras the traditional powers of the classical era. Later on they can spin-off franchise with trilogy and even animation.

Now go ahead, plagiarize me. Please, Puhleez, Puleeeeeeeeeeez.

7 comments:

Sakshi said...

Profound Thoughts as always :)
Best wishes for the coming year.

doubtinggaurav said...

Sakshiji

That was by mistake.
Same to you. :-)

Sakshi said...

And do you have SRK in mind for Dasaratha?

Sakshi said...

Btw- I thought the blank post was something you famous bloggers did - just to show you still get your readers to comment :)

Anonymous said...

to be honest, Armageddon was my idea.

doubtinggaurav said...

Sakshiji

We are talking about Dasratha not Rahul or Raj.
And I must war you if you pull my leg I will make you read IndiaUncut. No one, I repeat, no one pulls my legs. ;-)

Sriram,

Well, except for the girl who played Bruce Willis daughter, I am afraid to say, movie was a big let down.

Anonymous said...

Ah, Liv Tyler... We seem to like the same women. Be scared.