Friday, January 25, 2008

I admit ...

There are times when I begin to like Nilu. Now is such a time.

Exhibit A. You don't defend India, you attack. For example if someone calls your mother fat, you don't try to deny the charge, you tell someone that his mother is a slut.

Update: Maslow ! Where the hell did Maslow come from in all this! I only very good writers (like me) can invoke Maslow

Exhibit B. OMG, RSS has infiltrated USA. Next thing you know, Sanghis will be hijacking planes and crashing them on WTC. Oops some people already did it.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

And there are times when I begin to hate you. You make me read some scum at DP ( who knows, I might even comment on it ).

doubtinggaurav said...

O wisest frog of 'em all.

Please don't let emotion cloud your judgment.

DP is crowd of mostly well meaning wannabe liberal NRIs. They may be annoying sometimes but they are hardly scum.

Anonymous said...

Thats it. Link to another of these morons, you will lose a reader. As a rule of thumb, link only to those who live by Oscar Wilde's quote from your previous post.

Anonymous said...

And yes, good intentions do not count as a redeeming quality when it comes to writing.

doubtinggaurav said...

Sriram

Ha dude, You are the guy who used to comment on Jagadguru.And I am not saying that their writing is any good, I am saying not bad enough to hate. Anyway I hardly pay any attention to DP after that fat guy from streetcar stopped posting there.

doubtinggaurav said...

And dude if you care so much about writing, what exactly are you doing reading this blog. This blog sux.

Sakshi said...

RSS infiltrated? It has been active in US for the past 30 years (may be more as far as I know). And puhlease, we dont copy.Considering shakhas teach youngsters the art of lathi fighting, we have a long way to go.

And please stop posting DP articles. Unless you fisk. Beneath this blog to link to trash. You should leave that to us lesser mortals.

Anonymous said...

It is passages like this Defenders of “Mera Bharat Mahaan at all times”, please resist personal attacks. that gets my goat. Strawman is the term that comes to mind. And I hate when people drop names like Moslov, Miraslov or whatever. Somebody throw a Molotov on them please. Either I am making sense or I am pissed off at my incompetence in not being a live wikipedia.

Dont try to compare this with Jagadguru's writing or with yours. You know the reason. Dont you?

Anonymous said...

Gaurav, but then why do you treat Amit Varma differently? I doubt Amit Varma will write anything like what Swaroop quoted - "Can you take the India out of Indians?"

doubtinggaurav said...

Sakshiji

I always thought this blog was the rock bottom, glad to know that there are things still beneath me :-)

Sriram,

Well what can I say, I have stopped getting riled up, even indignation has a limit.
And I don't know the reason. In fact the very mention of Jagadguru and myself in the same sentence is scary to me. Can you explain the reason.

Frog,

Well, my problem with H.E. is not bad writing per se but his fetish with libertarian dogma.