I see discrimination
Belatedly it has dawned upon me that despite the best intentions of our founding fathers, the seeds of division are still being sown in the innocent mind of our children. What is worse, this despicable indoctrination happens in front of our eyes, but we are too naive to realize horrible implication of this seemingly trivial act. If this is not shocking enough, the perpetrators of this casteist act are the parents themselves.
I refer, of course to concept of tiffin boxes. Wait a minute, you must be thinking, what has this got to do with caste, after all, tiffin boxes are just meant so that caring parents can pack a nutritious lunch for their kids, right ? Absolutely wrong ! Please realize that by the very act of packing lunch they are exercising choice. Choice to refused to be assimilated in a casteless society, choice to practice segregation. This is nothing but indoctrination of most sublime nature intended to perpetuate the blight of caste. Why, I ask, kids can't be fed like pigs, that is in a trough. I mean if that is the way we intend to tolerate casteist bigotry, we could as well segregate drinking water for different castes. What next, asking people to tie bell around the neck so that these kids are not corrupted by their shadows while they are having their nutritious lunch in their lunch boxes.
When I see tiffin or when I hear choice, I hear caste and I hear different tiffins for different castes, and I think: why don't we carry this idea forward, why don't we have different nations for different castes?.
This enlightenment brought to you by this post.

2 comments:
Nailed it!
Shrek,
Igjhaktly
Post a Comment