Happy happy happy
Well this blogger is in Lucknow, city of netaji and behenji. While I take a much deserved break, greetings are in order
First have a prosperous Deepawali. This festival has different meaning for different people. For some it marks the time for harvest, for others it is the start of new financial year. There are others for whom this is license to be a glutton.
Then, wish you a very happy Eid-Ul-Fitr, which again for some marks the end of holy month of Ramadan, time for prayer and fasting, while for others it is an occasion for political networking.
But most important of all, this date marks the first anniversary of this blog.
In this year I have accomplished nothing (as in previous years), but the important point is that I have a blog to write about this nothingness.
After one year of blogging my digestion is better, my complexion has improved and I have no complaints of acne. On the other hand, I am a blogger without a toenail.
Anyway acknowledgements are in order.
First Frog, for his forbearance to stick through what is mostly a tepid affair.
I hope he spawns thousands of tadpoles who find a bigger well, in fact I expect them to find ponds and rives (but never airplanes, because there are ************ snakes in ************* plane)
Then Sandeep for acknowledging this blog. I hope that he is cured of his seriousness (induced by too much reading of verbal terrorist) and start laughing like maniac.
This is also a warning to blogosphere at large, to put me on blogroll. Understand this, as descendant of Chitragupta, I can seriously screw your afterlife.
Afterthought: People who debate to the death, whether bloggers can replace the main stream media miss the point. No bloggers can not replace the media, and yes on average bloggers can not be compared with journalist. But this is because bloggers are people. There is no restriction on blogging and it provides a tool for a common man to express his opinions in public domain.
The opinion expressed can be insightful or it can be trash, but it is up to the reader to decide. Unlike main stream journalism bloggers neither assume themselves to be keeper of other conscious or insult reader by making any presumption about ability of reader

5 comments:
Congratulations. The part about "netaji" and "behenji" was very funny, and "this blogger" seems the most appropriate subject to use for that statement. I wish I had your sense of humour.
BTW
Unlike main stream journalism bloggers neither assume themselves to be keeper of other conscious or insult reader by making any presumption about ability of reader
I think there are too many counter-examples ( lot of progressive blogs ); and I think mainstream journalists making such assumptions/presumptions is a consequence of their being leftist.
Very nice Gaurav :) Happy Deepavali to you too.
Well, in real life, I'm not that serious, and no, the seriousness isn't the result of too much of reading the Verbal Terrorist Tripe. That's another story for another day. LOL
Frog,
Thanx, let me assure you any humour is unintentional, I am a verryyyy serious person :-)
Ofcourse,what you said is correct.
What I wanted to say was that Bloggers do not have any halo around them unlike journalists.
Sandeep,
Thanks,
By the way your fisking of DDD was vitage sandeep ;-)
Regards
Gaurav,
I am hurt by lack of acknowledgement. ;( Considering I provided much stuff for you to pull your hair over. :P
Anyway, hope you had a great Diwali. :P And congratulations on your first year.
Hey, btw, it reminds me....
Confused,
As acknowledgement I will send my bill for hair growth therapy :-P
Regards
Post a Comment